Due to overwhelming popular demand, here's another KSER current events quiz. (Well, one person asked for it...and that was a little overwhelming.)
Check your level of current events savvy. Just 10 questions. Answer all 10 correctly and win the right to brag to your friends and family! Answers at the bottom.
1. ABC's "The View" just hired a replacement for Elizabeth Hassebeck, after she left to join "Fox & Friends." Who is the new co-host on "The View"?
a. Democracy Now host Amy Goodman
b. Someone with a decade of newspaper experience
c. Someone who posed naked for Playboy
d. George Zimmerman
2. One of the hosts of KSER's Saturday lineup recently did his very last KSER show. Who is the 'former' KSER DJ?
a. Van Jones, host of Green Collar Radio
b. Van Ramsey, host of Pull the String
c. Van Cliburn, host of Pull the Piano
d. Van Morrison, host of Into the Mystic
3. More and more media outlets which have been offering their content online for free, are now starting to charge for their content. The industry term is "Paywall." Which of these organizations is still providing their online content for free 24 hours a day?
a. The Seattle Times
b. The New York Times
d. Sirius/XM Radio
4. All of the KSER DJ's have one thing in common. What is it?
a. They're all members of AFTRA and make minimum scale of $42,500 per year
b. They've all spent time working as circus performers
c. They're all volunteers, providing content for KSER for love not money
d. They all have medical marijuana prescriptions
5. KSER depends on financial support from our listeners. How can you donate to KSER?
a. Donate online at the 'Donate Now' button in the top, left corner of KSER.org
b. Send a check: 2623 Wetmore Ave; Everett, WA; 98201
c. Call us 425-303-9070
d. All of the above
6. The Everett Herald reported this week that an area business has once again been the subject of complaints about an 'odor' problem from nearby residents. What's the business?
a. The Everett Herald
b. The Anchor Pub
c. The KSER Broadcast Studio
d. Cedar Grove Composting
7. Several times a year, KSER conducts a Basic Broadcast Class. To qualify for this class you have to meet which requirement?
a. Be fluent in English and Spanish
b. Pass a drug test
c. Fail a drug test
d. None of the above
8. A member of a famous family has moved to Wyoming and has announced a run for congress as a Republican. Who?
a. Former VP Dick Cheney's daughter, Liz Cheney
b. Former KSER Pull the String host Van Ramsey
c. Former Snohomish County Executive Aaron Reardon
d. Former first-daughter Chelsea Clinton
9. Watch for traffic jams Friday night near Safeco Field because of an expected full house for a concert. Who's performing?
b. Guess Who
c. 70-year-old guy from England
d. Sir Mix-A-Lot
10. Which dog won the KSER Dog Days of Summer Dog Picture contest?
a. Ozzie the dog
b. Snoop Dogg
c. Dog the Bounty Hunter
d. Harry the Husky
1. (c) New host on the View is October '93 Playmate of the Month Jenny McCarthy.
2. (b) Van Ramsey has pulled the plug on Pull the String. What's he thinkin'?
3. (c) KSER.org is always free, not to mention 90.7. Never a paywall.
4. (c) All KSER DJ's are volunteers. Not sure about the weed thing.
5. (d) You can donate to KSER all those ways and more. Check online.
6. (d) The odor issue involves Cedar Grove. Although KSER does have a certain essence.
7. (d) No tests or requirements to take the KSER Basic Broadcast Class.
8. (a) Liz Cheney, longtime Virginia resident, has moved to Wyoming to run for congress.
9. (c) Friday at Safeco: Paul McCartney. He's 70!!
10.(d) Ozzie is the KSER Dog of the Summer!