Friday, October 19, 2012

KSER Manager's Mailbox


Fall is in the air, leaves are on the ground, Amy Goodman is headed to the Northwest, politicians are still campaigning and the KSER Manager's Mailbox has binders full of pithy queries. So, proceed, Governor...

Dear Tom@KSER.org: One of my favorite KSER DJ's is Mark on the sunlit room.  He has a really cool voice and plays great music.  I love his Daily Dose of Dylan.  But, Mark's only on once a week. Does that add up? Shouldn't it be a Weekly Dose of Dylan?!?  Erin, Langley

Erin:  Look, we have a 5-point plan to present Bob Dylan. Six different organizations have studied our plan, and it works. Of course it adds up. And besides, alliteration comes before precision. In the dictionary and at KSER.


Dear Tom@KSER.org:  I've seen those pictures of your DJ Uncle Pat in the studio wearing those crazy yellow chicken shoes.  I listen to his show every Thursday night at 7 p.m.  He plays some great music. But I hope that picture was just a stunt and he doesn't always wear those chicken shoes.  Dick, Arlington

Dick:  Uncle Pat doesn't always wear yellow chicken shoes.  But when he does, he also wears a cape and patriotic headgear.  Stay chicken-footed, my friend.

Uncle Pat, host of KSER's Good Times
Dear Tom@KSER.org: My husband and I bought tickets for the Amy Goodman speech at Everett Community College on October 27th.  But we're not that familiar with the campus.  Can you tell us where on campus, she'll be speaking? And is there parking? Ginny, Mill Creek

Ginny:  Amy will appear at 1:30 p.m., Saturday afternoon, October 27 in the Wilderness Room of the Jackson Conference Center on the campus of Everett Community College.  Once you reach the campus you should see several Amy Goodman directional signs to the center.  It's building #8 on this map. Plenty of free parking.

Dear Tom@KSER.org:  Thanks to KSER for broadcasting the presidential debates.  I've been able to watch the last parts of them, but I'm always in my car when they start, so I'm glad you're putting them on the radio.  I know there's one more; will KSER do that one?  Marvin, Everett

Marvin:  The last debate is this Monday at Lynn University in Boca Raton, FL. We'll carry it live on KSER starting at 6 p.m. And don't miss the special Amy Goodman day-after-debate coverage Tuesday morning at 5 a.m. and 7 a.m.

Dear Tom@KSER.org:  I'm really disappointed in KSER for broadcasting the presidential debates. I can't take anymore of this stuff. I can't wait until it's over and you guys get back to normal.  Doyle, Lynnwood

Doyle:  There's only one left.  Then it's over.  Listen to the last one on Monday evening and then chill out with Caribbean Sounds.  KSER DJ Noel Williams will lower your blood pressure.

Dear Tom@KSER.org: Would KSER mind if I carved a pumpkin with the KSER logo?  Dianne, Arlington.

Dianne:  Carve away, and send pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment